Fisheries Science Society
A society was formed at the Department of Fisheries concerning the soft skill development of students and to contribute the department of Fisheries Science. The Society was named as “Fisheries Science Society”. The Fisheries Science Society of the University of Jaffna has elected its first committee members for the academic year 2013/2014 at its general meeting held on 26th of July, 2013 at Fisheries Science Lecture hall.
The council at its 385th meeting held on 26.10.2013 approved the constitution of “Fisheries Science Society”.
The President of the Society
I’m Ms. R. Abirami, I glad to be the president of this society to disseminate our learning to the livelihood level as an application of studying fisheries science. I believe it will enhance our students’ skills and development in an economically valuable manner.
The Senior treasurer of the Society
I’m Mrs. T. Arudselven, I happy to be here as a part of FSS to regulate the student activities and financial approaches.
“Dear Students, you are studying here because of the society; Your knowledge and skills will be shared with your society”
Fisheries Science Society (FSS), decided to conduct a friendly cricket match among students of fisheries science on 22nd January, 2023.
Conditions and rules for the teams and participants are as followed;
1. All the participants should be Fisheries Science students.
2. A team can consist of 10 players with strictly 3 female players (can have any number of extra players).
3. An innings is restricted to 6 overs (Only 2 bowlers can bowl 2 overs per each).
4. Regular cricket rules are followed (except power play and review).
5. Decision of the referees is the final.
6. The captain is the responsible one for the team mates’ behavior.
7. Each team should come with at least one bat.
Short footprint of the society
FSS’s footprint video made by slideshow contains remembers some of the past events.